Custom Leather Holster
Having crafted over 1,000 custom holsters, building custom leather holsters is one of our greatest strengths and is certainly our specialty. Each custom holster is made entirely to order for each specific firearm to ensure a perfect fit. Our process is simple, build each holster one-a-time with the highest quality materials, so that each piece is worthy of being passed down for generations. Whether you have a rare firearm, unique lasers, lights, and optics, our talented crew of craftsmen will be able to deliver a holster that is comfortable, exceptionally crafted, and a true work of art.
Summary of Features
- Perfect Fit - Each holster is made for your specific firearm, including firearms that have been modified with red dot sights, lasers, lights, and threaded barrels
- Dual Carry - Carry both OWB and IWB with the attachable metal IWB clips that automatically come with the holster
- Secure - Sewn extra tight to provide excellent retention
- Comfortable - Full size sweat guard provides comfort and prevents the transfer of moisture from your body to the firearm
- Smooth Draw - Built with a standard 15 degree cant forward cant (angle)
- Protects your firearm - Made from smooth leather to protect the finish on your firearm
- Optional suede upgrade - Upgrade the interior of your holster to suede to provide additional protection to your firearm's finish
- Full Coverage - Each holster will fully cover the trigger guard and barrel, your firearm will not stick out of the bottom
How To Order A Custom Holster
Please follow this guide while ordering your custom holster. We will promptly call you to confirm the details of your order. You can also call us at 843-501-2771 to place an order over the phone.
Step 1) Choose your firearm manufacturer, model number, and any modifications (lights/lasers/red dots) from the drop down menu above.
Step 2) Choose how you would like to carry the holster, as an outside-the-waistband or inside-the-waistband or dual carry (has belt slots for OWB and comes with IWB clips that attached to belt slots)
Step 3) Choose the style of holster. A taco style holster is made one piece of leather that is sewn together. A pancake style holster is made from two pieces of leather that are sewn together.
Step 4) Choose how you would like the holster to attach to your belt.
- Belt Slide - Your belt will be fed through the belt slots. Our belt slots are cut to 1.75", so that they will fit a 1.5" gun belt.
- Metal Clips - The holster will clip onto your belt with one (or more) reinforced metal clips. Our metal clips are made for 1.5" gun belts and are very durable. The "tooth" on the the clip will secure the belt to the holster and will not damage your belt.
- Leather Snap - Our leather snaps are made to match the holster and your belt, which naturally camouflages the holster snaps on your belt for ultimate concealment.
- Paddle - Our plastic paddles are lightweight and comfortable and are made for 1.5" gun belts.
Step 4) Carry Position and Dominant Hand- Choose how you would to carry the holster on your belt and whether you shoot right handed or left handed.
- Dominant Side - Also known as strong side carry, is where you carry the firearm on the same hip as you dominant hand. If you are right handed, your holster will be on your right hip.
- Appendix - This is the most common concealed carry position, and is where you carry the firearm near your belly button.
- Cross Draw - This is where you use your dominant hand to reach across your body to draw the firearm. If you are right hand dominant, the holster will be on the left side of your body.
- Back - This is position is generally between 4:00 and 8:00 o'clock on your back. You can carry it anywhere between your hips.
Step 5) Choose type of leather. We have a wide range of types of leather to choose from. All of our exotic leather is dyed to order and we will call to confirm the colors that you would like.
Step 6) Choose if you would like a thumb break. A thumb break is the snap that covers the slide/hammer of the firearm, which prevents the firearm from being removed from the holster, when the snap is engaged. Each holster is made to be very snug, and a thumb break is not necessary, but is recommend if holster will be worn while riding ATV's/horseback, or other related activities. We can make the thumb break for either locked & cocked or hammer-down positions.
Step 7) Choose thread color - Available in a range of colors.
Step 8) Choose if you would like the holster to be lined with soft cow suede. Our unlined holsters have been resurfaced and slicked to provide a smoother surface than traditional rawhide leather. Upgrading to suede is not required, but the suede lining is technically softer. All of our leather holsters are made from vegetable tanned leather, so there are no chromium chemicals that would remove the finish from your firearm.
The Generational Guarantee - Leave Your Children Something To Fight Over
100-Year Warranty -
Our philosophy is simple - Exceed our customers expectations no matter the cost. We'll never mass produce, we'll never sacrifice quality, and nothing will ever leave our shop unless we're certain it will last 100 years. Every piece of leather is built with pride and integrity to provide a lifetime of satisfaction. We're so confident in our talented craftsmen, durable materials, and outstanding designs, that we warranty them against workmanship for 100 years. This warranty applies to products used responsibly. Exposure to chemicals like chlorine, detergent, or conditioners that result in a breakdown of the material or damage caused by misuse (dog chewing, water exposure, broken zippers, or road rash, etc.) will void the 100 year warranty. Our warrany covers issues that arise from workmanship such as thread coming loose or leather ripping due to flawed worksmanship. Warranty does not cover over stretching or excessive break in or use.
To receive our 100-Year Warranty, you must register your product with our Warranty Department within 30 days of receiving it in the mail. Click here to register your product.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee -
When you order a product that has NOT been customized with initials, laser/light/red dot sights, or different colors, you'll receive a 30-day money back guarantee. If the item you receive is not what we described it as, please contact us within 30 days and as long the item is in like-new condition, we'll refund or exchange the item for you. Please contact us by email at Hello@TheSouthernTrapper.com and attach photos with your order number and describe the situation to us, and we'll get back to you quickly. To fit properly, our products require a break-in period before they will function as intended. Here are instructions on how to break in a leather holster. Items that have been customized or custom made cannot be exchanged, returned, or refunded for store credit. Examples of "customized" orders includes: products that have been customized with initials, embossments, lights, lasers, red dot sights and other available customizations. This guarantee does not cover unintentional customer mistakes, such as choosing the wrong gun, the wrong size or color, or the wrong hand orientation.
Contact Us - Please either email us or use the contact form below if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.
The ability to talk to someone and have them walk me through the process was great! They helped me build a holster to ensure I would get what I wanted.
Ordered a holster that has become my go-to. Great quality and service through the customization.
Perfect fit, beautiful workmanship. Exactly what I have come to expect.
Great customer service. Quality product. Well worth the price