Concerned about safety when your child goes hunting? Choosing the best rifle sling ensures your son or daughter will stay safe while carrying and shooting a rifle. Follow these tips to choose the best rifle sling for your child.
- Thumb hole - The thumb hole helps your child keep their booger hook (a.k.a trigger finger) away from the bang switch (a.k.a trigger). If your child maintains control of the rifle sling with the thumb hole, he or she will never put their fingers near the trigger. Keep your children safe while hunting by training them to keep their thumb in the thumb hole and prevent their hands from finding their way to the trigger.
- Comfort - Your child may lose interest if they do not feel comfortable while hunting. A comfortable rifle sling prevents fatigue and keeps their focus on learning safe hunting practices. A thumb hole will make it a lot easier for your child to maintain control of the rifle sling, while also reducing fatigue and building endurance.
- Adjustable - Choose a fully adjustable rifle sling so it fits both youth and adult length rifles. This allows you to adjust and lengthen the sling as your child grows.
- Soft - Pick a soft and supple leather rifle sling for your child that he or she can wear with a jacket or t-shirt. A nylon rifle sling will rub your child’s skin raw while he or she will barely notice a cushy leather rifle sling.
- Personalized - Make the hunting experience more special for your child with a personalized sling. Seeing their name or initials on the sling helps kids stay engaged with and excited about hunting.
Here are the best rifle slings for kids.