The Beretta PX4 Compact is a compact version of the PX4 Storm, a popular series of polymer-framed, double-action/single-action (DA/SA) pistols. The PX4 Compact offers a smaller size and lower weight than its full-size counterpart, making it a popular choice for concealed carry and home defense. In this blog, we will discuss the pros and cons of the Beretta PX4 Compact.
- Ergonomics: The PX4 Compact is designed with ergonomics in mind. The grip is easy to hold, and the controls are easy to reach and operate. The pistol also features a reversible magazine release, which allows both right- and left-handed shooters to easily operate the gun.
- Accuracy: The PX4 Compact has a reputation for being a very accurate pistol, due in part to its rotating barrel system, which helps to reduce recoil and improve accuracy.
- Safety: The PX4 Compact has several safety features, including a manual safety, a firing pin block, and a trigger safety. These features make the pistol safe to carry and handle, even for novice shooters.
- Versatility: The PX4 Compact is a versatile pistol that can be used for a variety of purposes, including concealed carry, home defense, and target shooting. It is also available in several different calibers, including 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.
- Trigger: Some shooters find the trigger on the PX4 Compact to be heavy and difficult to operate, particularly in double-action mode. This can make it difficult to achieve the level of accuracy desired.
- Recoil: While the rotating barrel system helps to reduce recoil, the PX4 Compact can still be somewhat snappy, especially with larger calibers like .40 S&W and .45 ACP.
- Capacity: The PX4 Compact has a slightly lower magazine capacity than some other compact pistols on the market, holding 15 rounds of 9mm or 12 rounds of .40 S&W or .45 ACP.
- Sights: Some shooters have reported issues with the sights on the PX4 Compact, particularly the front sight, which can come loose over time and affect accuracy.
The Beretta PX4 Compact is a versatile and accurate pistol with excellent ergonomics and safety features. While it may not be perfect for everyone due to its heavy trigger, recoil, lower capacity, and potential issues with sights, it remains a popular choice for those in search of a compact and reliable firearm. As with any firearm, it is important to practice proper safety procedures and familiarize yourself with the operation of the PX4 Compact before use.
Order a holster for your Beretta PX4 Compact today.